I found one of my all time favorite recipes over at the blog Pure Ella. Her two ingredient banana oatmeal cookies have been a staple in my house for breakfast. I just love them!
My son will eat three or four gluten free oatmeal banana bites for breakfast. They are an excellent source of potassium, fiber, and protein. 100% healthy with a tinge of dark chocolate. You can make these more of a treat by adding more chocolate or make it more of a healthy breakfast bite by adding less. If you get bananas that are ripe enough, you really don’t need much in the way of chocolate because those bananas get pretty darn sweet!
If you’ve ever had (in your pre-gluten free days) fried bananas, you will die. When you bite into one of these and get a real big piece of banana, the comparison is almost identical! But they have to be right out of the oven, still hot.
Gluten Free Oatmeal Banana Bites (Original):
Banana + Oats + Mini Chocolate Chips
I made gluten free oatmeal banana bites so often that my husband started requesting different variations. I tried out all sorts of things and found that I have 4 more renditions- all spin offs of the original, banana + oatmeal. So fun!
Banana + Oats + Chopped Apples + 1/2 Tbs Cinnamon + Dash of 100% Pure Maple Syrup
Cocoa Peanut Butter:
Banana + Oats + 1 Tbs Cocoa Powder + 2 Spoonfuls of Peanut Butter + Dash of 100% Pure Maple Syrup + (Optional) Mini Chocolate Chips
Banana + Oats + 1 Spoonful Peanut Butter + (Optional) Mini Chocolate Chips
Banana + Oats + Dried Fruit
*Add Chia or Flax seeds to make them that much healthier!
- 2-3 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup certified gluten free oats (I use instant oats)
- (optional) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Place all three ingredients in your stand mixer and mix until just barely incorporated
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop up dough and drop on cookie sheet
- Bake for 10-15 minutes
- All of the recipes below start with the original gluten free oatmeal banana bites recipe. Just add the rest by mixing it in with either a spoon or stand mixer!
Leave a Reply