Blendtec Designer Series Review & Giveaway
Recently, we have been fortunate to own a Blendtec & we wanted to share our new found love. The amazing people over at Blendtec offered to give one away to one of our very own Gluten Free Anonymous Members! So, to know exactly what you will have a chance to win, here is our review of the product. This is 100% our opinion since owning & using the Designer Series. Enjoy!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT OUR BLENDTEC:
1. How big it is. No more making two batches! We come from a big family, so when we are all together getting our smoothie on, we usually have to make two batches to feed all our mouths. But, because the jar holds so much, we only have to make one. Unless of course we all die over the smoothie & require seconds, which is the usual case. 😉
2. The shape. When we were getting to know our blender, we were told about why it is not in the shape of a perfect square, with the traditional four sides. The side with the handle is slightly angular on the corner & it’s called the WildSide (sassy huh!?). This is to decrease the amount of air bubbles that you experience while blending, usually causing your blender to freeze up. There are blenders out there (ahem.. Vitamix.. I own both, but I’ll compare the two in the future 😉 ) that provide you with something to jam in your blender to get the contents to flow!? With the WildSide, I don’t have to do that anymore! Quite honestly, I don’t believe blenders should be made with that handicap & I have THOROUGHLY enjoyed NOT having to go through that every time I blend.
3. The sleek motor. The motor has 1560 watts of power & it’s almost triple the size of a standard blender motor. That’s dependability right there! It can stand to blend for 90 seconds without getting close to overheating. It also fits in very nicely with my other stainless steel appliances. Isn’t it beautiful!?
4. The blade: Just take one really good look at that puppy! It’s extremely thick, meaning its durable. That baby isn’t going to break off any time soon. I shudder to think of the fragile bladed blenders some mommies use when making smoothies for their children. I’ve heard horror stories where, without mommie realizing, the blade has broken off! The contents are then served to their kids (or just themselves) & a sharp blade is floating around in someones cup! We will never have to worry about that with any of our little ones, thanks to the durability of this blade.
5. The exotic touch screen. I have the Designer Series & when you touch the ON icon, everything lights up. No buttons, just touch. With 7 preset icons, gluten free cooking has never been so easy. Here are a few of my favorite icons:
The free style slide speed control. Like it say’s on Blendtec’s website: “The innovative touch slider’s sensors give you every bit of control you need. Touch anywhere on the slider to jump right to any speed, & slide your finger up & down to fine-tune your blend.”
Easily mix up your cake batters. Sometimes my Kitchen Aid, however powerful & wonderful it may be, just doesn’t get that flour to REALLY breakdown & mix. It’s done wonders for me!
I’ve always been a little insecure about my smoothie blending ability. The Blendtec has made it so I can’t go wrong. The smoothie preset button is designed specifically for making the perfect smoothies.
You can make Ice cream!! When I saw this I about died! I make it all the time! Just put your frozen fruit & juice together & you’ll have the healthiest soft serve ice cream ever!
While I do have an Omega 3000 juicer, I have been juicing with my Blendtec and, let me tell you, it’s more than up to par (I’ll post an Omega 3000 juicer comparison sometime in the near future).
Guess what?! You can make soup! Blendtec makes it very easy for you. All you do is combine all your ingredients & press the soup icon. The blender gets the soup HOT due to the friction of the ingredients! Can you believe it?!
There are two buttons on the blender that really says a lot about the integrity of the company: (1) the temperature icon, which will light up if your machine is over heating & indicates that you need to stop the blender immediately; and (2) the call for assistance button, which will light up if the blender detects that something is wrong & indicates that you need to call the company for customer support. How cool is that?
Blendtec just changed their warranty policy from covering the base for 7 years & the jar for 3 years, to covering BOTH for 8 years. Your motor & jar are covered under warranty for 8 years! You can always call when there is a problem with your machine & they will see what they can do for you.
6. The small jar. Have a food processor? This will replace yours. The small jar is more for things like your nut butters & thicker blends. Are you into making your own nut butter? I pulsed some walnuts the other day & half of it turned into walnut butter, delicious walnut butter, might I add! The jar also comes with a twister lid (on top of the mini gripper) which scrapes the sides for you when you’re making your more difficult blends, like your nut butters.
7. The spatula. Okay really, I know people, its a red spatula.. Whats so great about it? All I can say is I can’t blend without it! It was designed specifically for the unique shape of the blender making it easy for you to get the contents out of the jar.
8. Easy Clean Up. Most blender jars are NOT dishwasher safe. This one is! I was basically sold from this one point alone. I know you can throw some hot water & soap in the jar & let it run for a minute for an easy clean, but to be able to just toss it in the dishwasher for those really tough cleanings is borderline magical. I’ve loved it. Also, because there are no buttons to work around or clean in between, it only takes one swipe to polish that beauty!
———- Blendtec Designer Series Review & Giveaway———-
Now that you know all about the amazing features the Blendtec Designer Series has to offer, how would you like an opportunity to win one of these amazing machines?! The awesome team over at Blendtec have allowed us to award one Gluten Free Anonymous member. Use the following widget to enter for a chance to win the following:
This giveaway is open to all US residents aged 18 years & up. The giveaway ends on 11, February 2014 at 5:00pm MST. Winner will be chosen & contacted by email within 48 hours of the giveaway closing. Winner must reply within 48 hours of the email being sent to claim their prize or the entry is void & a new winner will be chosen.
**This product review is our own personal opinion. We both own Blendtecs & wanted to share what we think of them.